Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Southern Style {Guest Post}

I think my friend Caroline explained it best when she said, “true to my Vanderbilt training, I ALWAYS go out in a dress and heels.” I don’t think there is any such thing as being too dressed up for the occasion in the South – it seems perfectly appropriate to attend a tailgate in a floral dress and pearls. When I’m shopping for school, my staples are sundresses, cardigans, and light scarves that I can pair with any outfit to change it up a bit. Also, try rethinking the lbd and reach for a lwd – little white dress – that you can dress up with fun, colorful jewelry.  
For accessories, you can’t go wrong with croakies from Southern Tide to attach to your wayfarer sunglasses (another Southern staple with all the sun we get!). As far as footwear, Jack Rogers are abundant (although I admit, I find their wooden heels very uncomfortable. Ah, the price of beauty!) and boat shoes are always classic. I personally have my eye on these Sperry’s with the adorable pink and blue plaid accents.
And for the men, you may think I’m crazy, but pastel button downs and pastel shorts are not only acceptable, but encouraged!

{Click for larger image}
  1. Ray-Ban Original Wayfarer Sunglasses
  2. Michael Stars Striped Seaside  Scarf
  3. Southern Tide Skipjack Croakies
  4. J.Crew Featherweight Cotton Cardigan
  5. Sperry Top-Sider Boat Shoe
  6. Shoshanna Button Front Sheath Dress
  7. Shoshanna Gathered Bodice Dress
  8. Jack Rogers Palm Beach Navajo Sandals
  9. Mikimoto Pearls
  10. Milly Signature Cuff
  11. kate spade "Cut to the Chase" Necklace
  12. Lily Pulitzer Betsey Eyelet Dress
  13. Spun Abstract Sunflower Print Scarf
  14. {For the boys} Brooks Brothers Shorts

Thanks for reading!
Clare
*   *   *
About this post: After high school, my close group of best friends scattered across the country. We're still close as ever, but whether it be the West Coast, East Coast, Midwest or the South, we're all over the place. As I've been featuring some fashion on The Sweet Talker lately, I thought it would be fun to have guest posts from my friends covering regional fashion. This post is the first in the series. I hope you enjoy!

XO, Linds

2 comments:

  1. great post! as someone from north carolina, I want/own all of this...very dead on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true! can't wait to read the guest posts from the other regions as well!

    ReplyDelete