Friday, July 15, 2011

Favorite Summer Beauty Products

To me, summer beauty means glowing skin, lots of sunscreen, and absolutely nothing heavy. With hot days and humidity, I can't be bothered with slathering on piles of makeup, but I still want soft coverage that leaves me looking fresh faced without melting off.

Here are my current summer beauty product obsessions:


  1. Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer with SPF 15 - I put this on my face and neck every day as soon as I get out of the shower. It leaves my skin soft, primed for makeup, and protected all day long. I have fair skin, so this step is essential in my beauty routine!
  2. Kiehl's Creme de Corps body lotion - I have very dry skin, so this luxurious product keeps my skin hydrated without feeling greasy.
  3. Benefit You Rebel tinted moisturizer - This one is a new beauty buy for me this summer. I have pretty clear skin, so I never thought I needed the coverage of a tinted moisturizer. As soon as I tested this product out, however, I knew I was a convert! The moisturizer gives me soft, flawless looking skin, and the hint of color gives me enough coverage to even out my skin and give me a little summer glow. The best part is that the product is sheer enough to wear in even the stickiest summer weather so you don't have to worry about sweating it off.
  4. Benefit Girl Meets Pearl highlighter - Perhaps best described as a "luminizer,"I dab a little of this silky highlighter above my cheekbones for a subtle pearly glow. I am obsessed with this one!
  5. Kiehl's Lip Balm with SPF 15 - Getting sunburned is up there on my list of "least favorite things." Even worse? Bright red puffy sunburned lips. This lip balm with SPF 15 is a lifesaver - and slightly addictive!
  6. Bobbi Brown Blush in Poppy - Although it looks bright, this blush is sheer enough to give just a hint of color for delicately rosy cheeks.
  7. Physician's Formula Gel Eyeliner for blue eyes - Easy to apply for a liquid eyeliner look, or smudged a little for a smoky eye, the best part of this trio (besides the fact that you get three fun colors!) is that it stays put all day (or all night) long.
  8. St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub - Like I mentioned before, my skin is on the dry side, even during summer. This great-smelling scrub gets rid of those pesky little dry bumps leaving skin fresh and arms tank-top ready.
  9. Physician's Formula Eye Enhancing Shadows - This wonderful palette with eye enhancing colors has three formulaic groups: natural, playful and dramatic. Or mix and match to create your own look!
  10. L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara - I've been searching for my go-to mascara and think I have finally found "the one!" This mascara has an "excess wiper" built into the tube, eliminating the icky clumped-on look that bugs me so much about new mascara. One coat of this mascara glides on clump-free and gives me a bright-eyed look. Love it!
What are your favorite summer beauty buys? On my lookout list: bright lipstick or gloss. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment