Sunday, May 15, 2011

Minneapolis Farmers Market


Well it looks like my wishful thinking last night paid off! I awoke this morning to beautiful blue skies.


I headed off bright and early for the Minneapolis Farmers Market to see the spring flowers, pick up some fresh produce for dinner, and get some much-needed fresh air.



First stop was Bar Five Meat & Poultry to pick up some grass-fed flank steak for dinner.


We turned around and grabbed some fresh pastries for breakfast.


Walking around with this creamy and flaky apricot danish was a great way to start the day! I love the sunny apricot in the middle.


Maybe next time I'll have to check out the breakfast burritos. This stand was certainly popular, and I could smell the grilled onions and salsa verde.


It's so fun to walk around and see the wide array of artisan goods.



We picked up some in-season asparagus to have with our steak tonight.


I love seeing the abundant and vibrantly colored fruits and veggies - even this early in the season! The Farmers Market really can't be beat for the quality and prices of the produce.


Beautiful tomatoes. I can't wait until August when I get to taste my grandparents' tomatoes straight off the vine.


The Market was filled with flowers ready for planting. I picked up some cut red tulips for my mom who has been at home fighting a cold.


On the way home, we stopped at an adorable little french bakery called Chez Arnaud. I devoured this prosciutto sandwich for lunch. A fulfilling end to a beautiful morning.

Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment